Nursery, Pre-K, Kindergarten
"The Lower School has captured my child’s enthusiasm for learning and channeled it in such exciting ways. Every day she comes home all lit up about something she’s discovered and, as a parent, I look forward to each day almost as much as she does." -A pre-kindergarten parent
Please note that Friends' Central has a birthday cut-off date of September 1.
- Complete the application form and return it along with the $50 application fee to Friends’ Central School, 228 Old Gulph Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096.
- Schedule a parent interview and tour with the Lower School Admission Office (610-642-1018).
- Schedule a morning classroom visit for your child. This visit gives our teachers the opportunity to observe your child in our educational setting and to assess readiness skills.
- Submit the confidential teacher recommendation form to your child’s current teacher (where applicable). Request that this form be returned directly to Friends’ Central School, 228 Old Gulph Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096.
- For Nursery School Applicants: No testing is necessary.
- For Pre-Kindergarten Applicants: In particular cases, outside testing may be required.
- For Kindergarten Applicants: Please submit results from the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence for Children (WPPSI-III) or the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), depending on the age of the child. Tests must have been administered within the last two years.
- In order to be considered in the first round of decisions, all steps in the admission process must be complete by January 15. After January 15, applicants will be considered on a rolling admission basis as space allows.