FRIENDS’ CENTRAL SCHOOL PARENT ATHLETIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The success of the athletics program at Friends' Central School is a team effort. Parents are key to this success as you assist and support your children within the athletics program. It is our goal to ensure that you feel well informed and confident in your ability to support your children through their student-athlete experience at Friends' Central School. Please refer to information in the Student-Athlete Handbook.
FRIENDS’ CENTRAL SCHOOL STUDENT-ATHLETE, PARENT, COACH RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Student-athlete should request that information from the coach;
2. If unsatisfactory, then the student-athlete should make an appointment with the coach at a time convenient to each party.
3. If still not satisfied, then the student-athlete and family should request a meeting with the athletic director and coach.
BE MINDFUL THAT:
- It is not appropriate for parents to approach the coach immediately after a game or practice.
- The coach will have final say on the playing time of the athletes on the team. The coach is present for all practices and games. He/she supervises the student-athletes in the locker room, on the bus and at all other team functions. The coach knows that player attitude, attendance and other intangibles may be more important than talent to the success of a team. Before making a judgment about a student-athlete's situation on a team, it is important that the parent/guardian is aware that there are many factors that influence a coach’s decision.