Global Online Academy (GOA)
We are delighted to announce that Friends’ Central School has joined the Global Online Academy (GOA) consortium the 2021-2022 school year. GOA is a group of over 140 outstanding independent schools from around the world offering online courses to students in its member learning communities. GOA’s stated mission is to reimagine learning to empower students and educators to thrive in a globally networked society.
For more information about GOA courses, please visit their website here.
In the summer of 2020, after a few months of virtual teaching early in the pandemic, Friends’ Central teachers experienced GOA for themselves as learners in a week-long professional development program. In addition to being impressed with the teaching, our faculty recognized that GOA’s student-centered, intellectually engaging approach to learning speaks to our own educational philosophy. We believe the classes offered by GOA will serve as a helpful supplement to our own courses. While we will be sharing more news with the community about this exciting opportunity in the weeks ahead, including details about registration, we wanted to include GOA here, in the Curriculum Planner, for those students and families who like to plan ahead.
- Who may take a GOA course?
- Can a student earn FCS credit for a GOA course?
- What GOA courses may an FCS student take?
- How many GOA courses may an FCS student take?
- How much do GOA courses cost?
- Can FCS teachers help with GOA courses?
- Where can I find out more information about GOA courses?
- How do I register to take a GOA course?