Deciding on an Independent School education for your child(ren) is an important choice for every family to make. But considering how to afford it can be overwhelming.
At Friends’ Central, we offer a number of different payment options to best suit our families’ needs
Tuition Payment Plans
In consideration of the differing financial situations of our families, there are three ways to satisfy the tuition bill:
- Families who pay tuition in full by June 15 are eligible for a 1% discount
- Parents may choose to pay two-thirds of the tuition by July 15 and defer payment of the last third until January 1, through FACTS Management Services.
- Parents may choose to pay the tuition in 10 monthly installments through FACTS
Tuition Assistance plays an important role at Friends’ Central School. Our commitment to economic diversity allows us to strengthen our student body by funding talented students with limited financial means. The request for tuition assistance is separate from the admission process and does not affect one’s application for admission to the School. However, each year the demand for tuition assistance far exceeds the allocated budget. Therefore, not all students in need of financial assistance, who are offered admission, will be awarded a grant.
Friends’ Central uses School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to process our Tuition Assistance applications. Parents/Guardians are required to fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) each year. In cases of divorce or separation, FCS requires a completed PFS from each parent and or Stepparent, if applicable.
The School expects that families who enroll without receiving tuition assistance will continue to support their child’s education at Friends’ Central without assistance. However, when unforeseen circumstances arise to significantly change a currently enrolled family’s financial situation, and application for tuition assistance can be made. Students must be enrolled for a minimum of two years in order to be eligible to apply for financial aid.
To begin your Tuition Assistance application for the coming school year:
For applying families: application due December 15, 2019
- Starting October 2, 2019, complete the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) on the SSS website- FCS school code 3298
- Upload copies of your 2018 1040 Tax Returns, supporting schedules, and W-2’s.
- If your child is admitted and you choose to enroll, 2019 tax returns should be submitted by May 1, 2020.
*Families applying for admission after (December 15, 2019) will have their tuition assistance evaluated and determined after all first round admission and tuition assistance applications are complete, and if funds are still available.
For re-enrolling families:
Returning families must reapply each year they seek tuition assistance by completing an updated Parent Financial Statement (PFS) by December 15 and uploading copies of your 2019 1040 Tax Returns by April 1, with supporting schedules and W-2’s.