Deciding on an Independent School education for your child(ren) is an important choice for every family to make. But considering how to afford it can be overwhelming.
At Friends’ Central, we offer a number of different payment options to best suit our families’ needs.
Tuition Assistance plays an important role at Friends’ Central School. Our commitment to economic diversity allows us to strengthen our student body by funding talented students with limited financial means. The request for tuition assistance does not affect one’s application for admission to the School. However, each year the demand for tuition assistance far exceeds the allocated budget. Therefore, not all students in need of financial assistance who are offered admission will be awarded a grant.
Friends’ Central uses School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to process our Tuition Assistance applications. Parents/Guardians are required to fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) each year. In cases of divorce or separation, FCS requires a completed PFS from each parent and or stepparent, if applicable.
The School’s goal is to provide the same level of aid to a student as long as the student is enrolled at Friends' Central School, provided the financial need continues and the student is in good standing. If a family's ability to contribute to the student's education increases, the level of aid awarded will decrease accordingly. If a family's ability to pay decreases, every effort will be made to raise the level of aid awarded.
The School expects that families who enroll without receiving tuition assistance will continue to support their child’s education at Friends’ Central without assistance. However, when unforeseen circumstances arise to significantly change a currently enrolled family’s financial situation, an application for tuition assistance can be made. Students who initially enroll without receiving tuition assistance must be enrolled for a minimum of two years in order to be eligible to apply for tuition assistance later on.
To begin your Tuition Assistance application for the coming school year:
For applying families: application due December 15, 2020
- Starting October 2, 2020, complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) on the SSS website- FCS school code 3298
- Upload copies of your 2019 1040 Tax Returns, supporting schedules, and W-2’s.
- If your child is admitted and you choose to enroll, 2020 tax returns should be submitted by May 1, 2021.
*Families applying for admission after (December 15, 2020) will have their tuition assistance evaluated and determined after all first round admission and tuition assistance applications are complete, and if funds are still available.
For re-enrolling families:
Returning families must reapply each year they seek tuition assistance by completing an updated Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) by December 15 and uploading copies of your 2020 1040 Tax Returns by April 1, with supporting schedules and W-2’s.
Tuition Payment Plans
In consideration of the differing financial situations of our families, there are three ways to satisfy the tuition bill:
- Families who pay tuition in full by July 15 are eligible for a 1% discount.
- Parents may choose to pay two-thirds of the tuition by July 15 and defer payment of the last third until January 1, through FACTS Management Services.
- Parents may choose to pay the tuition in 10 monthly installments through FACTS beginning in June preceding the school year.
- Mandatory Tuition Refund Insurance supplied through A.W.G. Dewar insurance company is available for a fee of .75% of net tuition.
Students choosing to participate in a semester away program will be charged 75% of the full year tuition for the academic year.