Apply to Lower School
When you begin the online application, you will be asked to create an Admission Portal account that is password protected. You will be able to monitor the progress of your child’s application through the Admission Portal.
The first steps of the application require you to provide demographic information, complete the parent questionnaire, and submit a $50 application fee. The application fee can be paid through ACH Direct as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card.
Should you forget your Admission Portal username or password, please go to the Admission Portal Reset Login Page, where you will be asked to provide your email address. You will then be emailed your username and new password.
Upon completion of the online application, a member of the Admission team will contact you to arrange your child’s visit day, and a parent/guardian interview and tour.
- Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten: One-hour playdate for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten Applicants. One-hour parent/guardian interview scheduled on a different day.
- Kindergarten and First Grade: Full morning visit (8:30 am-11:30 am) and FCS school readiness assessment. One hour parent/guardian interview scheduled on the same day.
- Second Grade-Fifth Grade: Full day visit (8:45 am-2:00 pm) and FCS school readiness assessment. One hour parent/guardian interview scheduled on the same day.
Pre-K-5th Grade: We require one (1) recommendation from your child’s current teacher. If your child has not yet attended school, this step does not apply. Teacher should send the form directly to Friends’ Central School (228 Old Gulph Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096).
- Nursery, Pre-K, and Kindergarten Applicants: When applicable.
- Grades 1-5: Obtain your child’s school records by completing the Transcript Release Form and sending it to your child’s current school. Please make sure that the school has fulfilled your request.
Grades K-5 applicants should meet with a licensed psychologist and be administered a standardized intelligence test, such as the WISC or WPPSI. Friends Central does not offer in-house testing. No outside testing required for Nursery and Prekindergarten Applicants.
Please have results sent to: Friends’ Central School, Lower School Campus: 228 Old Gulph Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096
If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please go to School and Student Services ( SSS ) to complete your application and upload your 2016 tax returns. Because we have received an unprecedented number of applications, we strongly urge you to submit your application and supporting materials to SSS by December 15, 2017.