Apply to Lower School
When you begin the online application, you will be asked to create an Admissions Portal account that is password protected. You will be able to monitor the progress of your child’s application through the Admissions Portal.
The first steps of the application require you to provide demographic information, complete the parent questionnaire, and submit a $75 application fee. The application fee can be paid through ACH Direct as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card.
Should you forget your Admissions Portal username or password, please go to the Admissions Portal Reset Login Page, where you will be asked to provide your email address. You will then be emailed your username and new password.
Upon completion of your child's application, a member of the Admissions Team will contact you to schedule your child's virtual assessment and your parent/guardian interview. We can do both on the same day, but we're happy to accommodate your schedule.
- Nursery-First Grade: 30-minute* virtual assessment and 30-minute* parent interview
- Second Grade-Fifth Grade: 40-minute* virtual assessment and 30-minute* parent/guardian interview
*Times are approximate
Pre-K-5th Grade: We require one (1) recommendation from your child’s current teacher. If your child has not yet attended school, this step does not apply. Please forward the online recommendation link to you child's current teacher. Once the teacher completes the questionnaire and presses "send," it will automatically upload to your child's file.
- Nursery, Pre-K, and Kindergarten Applicants: When applicable.
- Grades 1-5: Obtain your child’s school records by completing the Transcript Release Form and sending it to your child’s current school. Please confirm that the school has fulfilled your request.
- Grade 5: Student questionnaire (on the FCS Admissions Portal)
Grades K-5 applicants should meet with a licensed psychologist and be administered a standardized intelligence test, such as the WISC or WPPSI. Applicants receiving accommodations should contact Andrea Dominic Lubrano (firstname.lastname@example.org) for next steps. Friends' Central does not offer in-house testing. Outside testing is not required for Nursery and Pre-K applicants.
Please have results sent to email@example.com.