Apply to Lower School
When you begin the online application, you will be asked to create an Admission Portal account that is password protected. You will be able to monitor the progress of your child’s application through the Admission Portal.
The first steps of the application require you to provide demographic information, complete the parent questionnaire, and submit a $75 application fee. The application fee can be paid through ACH Direct as well as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card.
Should you forget your Admission Portal username or password, please go to the Admission Portal Reset Login Page, where you will be asked to provide your email address. You will then be emailed your username and new password.
Upon completion of your child's application, a member of the Admissions Team will contact you to schedule your child's virtual assessment and your parent/guardian interview. We can do both on the same day, but we're happy to accommodate your schedule.
- Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten: 30-minute virtual assessment and 30-minute parent interview
- Kindergarten and First Grade: 30-minute virtual assessment and 30-minute parent interview
- Second Grade-Fifth Grade: 40-minute virtual assessment and 30-minute parent/guardian interview.
Pre-K-5th Grade: We require one (1) recommendation from your child’s current teacher. If your child has not yet attended school, this step does not apply. Teacher should email the form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nursery, Pre-K, and Kindergarten Applicants: When applicable.
- Grades 1-5: Obtain your child’s school records by completing the Transcript Release Form and sending it to your child’s current school. Please make sure that the school has fulfilled your request.
- Grade 5: Student questionnaire (on the FCS Admissions Portal)
Grades K-5 applicants should meet with a licensed psychologist and be administered a standardized intelligence test, such as the WISC or WPPSI. For the 2020-2021 admissions season, testing is optional. Applicants receiving accommodations should contact Andrea Dominic Lubrano (email@example.com) for next steps. Friends' Central does not offer in-house testing. No outside testing is required for Nursery and Pre-K applicants.
Please have results sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are planning to apply for tuition assistance, please go to School and Student Services ( SSS ) to complete your application and upload your 2019 tax returns. Because we have received an unprecedented number of applications, we strongly urge you to submit your application and supporting materials as soon as possible. The SSS website will be open on October 2, 2020.