Friends’ Central is committed to supporting the transportation needs of its students. There is a range of options available, including
- Free public school busing within a 10-mile radius of either campus
- SEPTA trains and buses which drop off at the Overbrook Train Station and 63rd and Malvern Bus Depot. A free FCS Shuttle will will complete the route with pick-ups and drop-offs in both the morning and afternoon.
- FCS Route Service, a for-fee service consisting of specific routes that support pick-ups in city neighborhoods. Please note: routes are contingent on minimum ridership.
- A free Center City route for students in Pre-K through grade 5 (after grade 5, this service is offered on a fee basis)
- A Center City after care and transport hub for Lower School families
Buses are staffed with experienced and safe drivers who meet all state and federal requirements.
If you have questions, please contact J.B. Bowie, Director of Transportation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 610.247.3520.
To view pricing information for Transportation and other Auxiliary Programs, click here.
Friends’ Central now offers extended day and transportation for our Lower School students at the Trinity Center for Urban Life at 2212 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia. Read more.