Friends’ Central is committed to supporting the transportation needs of its students. There is a range of options available, including
- Free public school busing within a 10-mile radius of either campus
- SEPTA trains and buses which drop off at the Overbrook Train Station and 63rd and Malvern Bus Depot. A free FCS Shuttle will will complete the route with pick-ups and drop-offs in both the morning and afternoon.
- FCS Route Service, a for-fee service consisting of specific routes that support pick-ups in suburban and city neighborhoods. Please note: routes are contingent on minimum ridership.
- A free Center City route for students in Pre-K through grade 5 (after grade 5, this service is offered on a fee basis)
- Starting September 2018: a Center City after care and transport hub for Lower School families
Buses are staffed with experienced and safe drivers who meet all state and federal requirements.
If you have questions, please contact J.B. Bowie, Director of Transportation, at email@example.com or at 610.247.3520.
Friends’ Central is thrilled to announce that beginning September 2018, we are offering extended day and transportation at the Trinity Center for Urban Life at 2212 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia. Read more.
Zip Codes within a 10-mile Radius of Friends’ Central School
- Friends' Central Busing
- Inter-campus Shuttle
- Public School District Busing
- Septa Transportation
- Center City After Care & Transport Hub for Lower School Families
- Student Parking
Route Busing: Friends' Central provides route busing through our partner Phillytrans. The current routes cover the following geographic areas:
- Bryn Mawr and Gladwynne bordered by Route 23/Spring Mill Rd and Montgomery Avenue
- West Philadelphia
- Center City bordered by 2nd St/Christian St/22nd St and Fairmount
This is a for-fee service, and families are asked to register and pay via Veracross on a semester or annual basis. Center City routes for Lower School students is free. Overbrook Shuttle: Friends’ Central also sponsors a shuttle to the Overbrook Station and 63rd and Malvern Bus Depot. This shuttle runs a continuous loop in the morning, starting at 7:45 am until 8:15 am. In the afternoon, the bus departs at 3:20 pm and 5:40 pm.
Inter-Campus Shuttle: Friends' Central also sponsors an Inter-Campus shuttle between the City Avenue and Lower School campuses in the morning and afternoon. There is a fee for this service.
Friends' Central operates an Inter-Campus shuttle between the City Avenue and Lower School campuses in the morning and afternoon. There is a fee for this service.
For more information about pricing and to register for FCS operated buses, please click here.
The school districts listed below will provide school bus transportation to Friends’ Central School campuses. Their contact information is provided. If you have questions about your route, or eligibility, please contact the district directly.
Friends' Central's City Avenue campus is conveniently located within a short commuting distance of both the SEPTA Overbrook Train Station (with service from Paoli-Thorndale through Philadelphia), and SEPTA's 63rd and Malvern Bus Depot (one block from Overbrook Train Station). There is a regular, no-fee shuttle service that runs a continuous loop in the morning, starting at 7:45 am and running until 8:15 am. In the afternoon, the bus departs at 3:20 pm and 5:40 pm.
Friends’ Central is thrilled to announce that beginning September 2018, we will be offering extended day and transportation at the Trinity Center for Urban Life at 2212 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia. Read more.