James F. Davis Artist in Residence Program
In 2011, parents and alumni/ae of the Upper School chorus created the James F. Davis Artist in Residence Fund to honor former choral music teacher and music director Jim Davis (pictured at left) for his 39 years of service to the School. Since then, the fund has allowed the Middle and Upper School community to benefit from excellent workshops, presentations, and performances by outstanding musicians and artists.
Jim Davis, since retiring from teaching, continues to work part-time at FCS as the School's Development & Archivist Associate.
- 2019: Jan Jeffries, African percussion workshops with 6th grade and Upper School World Music Drumming classes
- 2019: Paul Sidhu, dhol (Indian drum) player
- 2018: Two of a Kind, acoustic duo
- 2017: Holly Phares, artistic director and conductor of Healing Presence Singers and ParkinSingers
- 2016: Mixed Company (Yale a capella group) and Chestnut Street Singers (Philadelphia collaborative chamber choir)
- 2015: Yale Whiffenpoofs (Yale a capella group)
- 2014: Out Of The Blue (Yale a capella group), Matthew Doebler (conductor and pianist for Broadway shows including Wicked and The Book of Mormon, Assistant Conductor of Wicked First National Tour)
- 2013: FCS alumni/ae Benj Pasek '03 (Tony-nominated Broadway composer/lyricist) and Ana Nogueira '03 (actress, The Michael J. Fox Show)
- 2012: New York Polyphony (classical a cappella quartet, recipients of two Grammy nominations)