Carnegie Hall & Lincoln Center
US Chorus members with Grammy-winning composer/conductor Eric Whitacre in NYC, spring 2018
HOW DO YOU GET TO CARNEGIE HALL?
In 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018 students from the Upper School Chorus participated in choral music festivals in New York City, produced by Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY). These three-day events allow our students the opportunity to work with internationally recognized conductors, sing with other high school and college students from around the world, and be part of once-in-a-lifetime performances at either Carnegie Hall or Lincoln Center. We look forward to our next choral adventure in the 2019-2020 school year!
- Upcoming in 2020: Members of the US Chorus will work with Norwegian composer Ola Gjeilo as part of a 150 voice chorus. Performance will be on March 16, 2020 in Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center.
- 2018: Upper School Chorus members sang at Carnegie Hall under the direction of Grammy-winning composer and conductor Eric Whitacre.
- 2016: Total Vocal 2. Deke Sharon, conductor (music director and arranger for “Pitch Perfect” and “The Sing-Off”)
- 2014: Defying Gravity: The Music of Eric Whitacre and Steven Schwartz. Eric Whitacre, conductor. Steven Schwartz, special guest artist (Click here to learn more about Eric Whitacre's revolutionary vitual choirs, building community through song around the world.)
- 2012: world premiere performance of Flowers Over the Graves of War, James Eakin, composer. Tim Seelig (San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus), conductor