FRIENDS SCHOOLS LEAGUE
Friends' Central is a member of the Friends' Schools League. The league is made up of nine area schools for whom sportsmanship and fair play is of the utmost importance. The FSL believes that the highest level of competition should always be partnered with the highest level of respect between opposing athletes and coaches.
The League's Mission Statement and Constitution detail the responsibilities and ideals of all participants in League contest. Learn more about the League by visiting the website.
Specifically the Friends Schools League has the following expectations for all involved in its athletic contests:
- Accept the responsibility and privilege of representing school, community, and League.
- Live up to the high standards of sportsmanship established by the League.
- Make sportsmanship the number one priority.
- Be a good role model.
- Support your team in a positive manner.
- Always interact positively with the other team and its fans.
- Treat opponents, their fans, and officials with respect.
- Shake hands with opponents at the end of competition.
- Search out opponents to recognize them for outstanding performances.
- Abide by the rules of the competition to conduct a fair contest.
- Play within the spirit of the game.
- Social media should be used in a responsible, positive and respectful way.
Friends' Central is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools Athletic Association. The association is committed to the foundation pillars of interscholastic athletics-integrity, sportsmanship, participation, and leadership. PAISAA tournament games are held at the end of the league season and are typically hosted by the higher ranked team until the Championship which is held at a neutral site.