Lower School Full Meal Plan – $1,200
We have redesigned our menus and offerings to meet today’s students' tastes and nutritional needs (see below for more information about our Lower School food initiative, Lettuce Feed You). We now have a menu for our Nursery students, featuring foods that are easier for them to eat. While we have familiar foods to choose from, we also offer a wider variety of nutritious foods that can be enjoyable to eat. Most, if not all, foods are baked or steamed to provide the most nutritious choices. Drink selections consist of 100% juices, 10% juices, and a variety of milk options to include.
You can now purchase lunch one or two days a week!
One Day a Week: $265
Two Days a Week: $500
When you sign up, you don't have to specify which day(s) your child will eat, just that your child will eat once or twice each week. You may pick your days based on the weekly menu.
Lower School Hours of Operation
- Lower School Campus Lunches: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lower School Meal Plans and Pizza Day Plan:
Inspiring children to work toward a healthier and more sustainable world by teaching them to source, produce, and prefer delicious, planet-friendly foods
Since September 2016, we have been implementing Lettuce Feed You – an innovative food program at the Lower School. Here’s what's on offer:
- Delicious, fresh-from-scratch, sustainable, and whenever possible, local and organic foods prepared in-house by expert Director of Culinary Services Wadiya Gooden. Click here to see some sample menus! Chef Wadiya has years of experience preparing healthy food for children. Picky eaters? Allergies? Gluten sensitivity? Not a problem! Your child’s dietary needs will be addressed.
- A link between farm, garden, and table. The Friends’ Central lunch table is supplied overwhelmingly by local farms – including the expansive organic garden at FCS. Chef Wadiya introduces the meals to students and has time-tested methods for encouraging children to try new foods.
- Food that connects to curriculum. Is your child studying India in first grade? How about a lunch that brings Indian food to FCS
- Opportunities to participate. Children have a chance to take part in food preparation in safe, age-appropriate ways. These include serving as table captains, helping create pizza flavors for Pizza Friday, and chopping toppings.
We believe in the link between healthy minds and healthy bodies. This change to our food service is an exciting step toward linking our curriculum and garden together with the food we eat.