Welcome FCS parents! Below you'll find important documents, links, news, and dates, to keep you up-to-date on all the exciting things happening at FCS. We hope you find it useful, your Home and School Association.
The Home & School Association is a vibrant and vital part of the Friends’ Central School community. The HSA links home and school by engaging our diverse and accomplished parent/guardian community in support of HSA events.
Parents and guardians become a part of the HSA upon enrollment and may serve in a variety of ways; as a Co-Clerk, Division Co-Chair or Parent Representative of the Executive Committee, or as a volunteer for a Service, grade specific or all-school event. There should be an opportunity to fit every schedule!
Events sponsored or supported by the Home & School Association include; Parent Gatherings, the Middle and Upper School Book Fairs, the Lower School Pumpkin Fair, Principal Coffees, Curriculum Nights, MLK Day of Service, Movie Nights, Spirit Night and Faculty Appreciation celebrations...just to name a few.
As Co-clerks of the Home & School Association, we believe that Friends’ Central parents and guardians are essential for the development and success of our students. With the support of family and Friends’ our children and our community are made stronger. We know your time is valuable and we value any time you have to give!
Wendy Frame and Christine Giordano
Co-Clerks of the Home & School Association
N/PK/K - Friday, Oct. 4, 7-9 pm in the Light Lab, starting with a brief 10-minute presentation by LS Principal Melody Acinapura
- Grade 1 - Saturday, Nov. 16 - hosted by Rebecca Oller and Bryan Rodner
- Grade 2 -Thank you Betsy Luo, Christina Ramones, and Ariana Smith for a wonderful evening!
- Grade 3 - Friday, Oct. 25, 7-9 pm - hosted by Susanna and Robert Zemble
- Grade 4 - Friday, Oct. 11, 7-9 pm - Haunted House Decorating!
- Grade 5 - Saturday, Nov. 2, 7-9 pm - hosted by Allison and Matt Liebman
- Grade 6 - Friday, Oct. 18, 7-9 pm in the OPA Room
- Grade 7 - Friday, Nov. 15, 7-9 pm in the OPA Room
- Grade 8 - Friday, Nov. 1 - in the OPA room - Please note: location change
- Grade 9 - Friday, Oct. 4, 7-9 pm in the OPA Room
- Grade 10 - Friday, Jan. 19, 7-9 pm in the OPA Room
- Grade 11 - Friday, Oct. 11, 7-9 pm in the OPA Room
- Grade 12 - Saturday, Dec. 7 - at the home of Jessica and Matthew Cooper
The Friends' Central girls tennis team bounced back from last week's tough loss to Moorestown Friends by securing a 4-1 defeat over visiting Friends Select School. The doubles tandem of Thea Volpp and Emma Malone were leading 3-1 when their match had to be stopped due to an injury to one of the visitors.
The second doubles team of Hallie Bender and Hannah Rossio notched the team's second point with their straight set win right before Sally Su secured the match with her victory at third singles.
With just Grace Decatur and Anna Volpp left to finish their matches, the team sat down behind the court and started voicing their support for their teammates. Decatur's match came to a close leaving just Volpp left. After winning the first set 6-2, Volpp jumped out to a 5-2 lead before seeing her opponent slice the deficit to 5-3. From there Volpp buckled down to win the next game and the second 6-4 thus finalizing the 4-1 win.
"It was refreshing to see the girls bounce back today," said head coach Tony Patarino. "They showed a lot of maturity bouncing back after a tough loss to Moorestown Friends last week."
They return to action on Wednesday and Thursday of this week where they will look to continue their success in Friends Schools League play against Academy of the New Church before returning home to play Westtown.
- Baseball - Varsity Boys
- Baseball - MS A Boys
- Baseball - JV Boys
- Basketball - Boys Third
- Basketball - Varsity Boys
- Basketball - Varsity Girls
- Basketball - A Boys
- Basketball - A Girls
- Basketball - B Boys
- Basketball - B Girls
- Basketball - JV Boys
- Cheerleading - Varsity Coed
Cross Country - Varsity Boys
Cross Country - Varsity Girls
Cross Country - MS Coed
- Dance - Varsity Coed
- Dance - MS Coed
Field Hockey - Varsity Girls
Field Hockey - A Girls
- Golf - Varsity Boys
- Golf - JV Boys
- Indoor Track - Varsity Boys
- Indoor Track - Varsity Girls
- Lacrosse - Varsity Girls
- Lacrosse - A Girls
Soccer - Varsity Boys
Soccer - Varsity Girls
Soccer - A Boys
Soccer - A Girls
- Soccer - B Boys
Soccer - JV Boys
Soccer - JV Girls
- Softball - Varsity Girls
- Softball - A Girls
- Softball - JV Girls
- Squash - Varsity Boys
- Squash - Varsity Girls
- Squash - MS Boys
- Squash - MS Girls
- Swimming - Varsity Boys
- Swimming - Varsity Girls
- Swimming - MS Coed
- Tennis - Varsity Boys
Tennis - Varsity Girls
- Tennis - A Boys
Tennis - A Girls
- Tennis - B Boys
- Tennis - B Girls
- Tennis - JV Boys
Tennis - JV Girls
- Track - Varsity Boys
- Track - Varsity Girls
- Track - MS Coed
Water Polo - Varsity Boys
Water Polo - Varsity Girls
Water Polo - MS Coed
- Wrestling - Varsity Boys
- Wrestling - MS Coed
Pumpkin Fair! Sunday October 20, noon-4pm
Pumpkin Fair Wristbands will go on sale soon!
$13 pre-fair, $15 at the door. (Wristbands are for children only.)
- National Geographic Explorer Recruitment Day: October 10
- Save the Date! Tuesday, October 15, 8:30 am in MS Room 10 Coffee with Middle School Principal Alexa Quinn
- The Music Man Jr. - November 22, 7pm & November 24, 1pm
- MS Concert - December 6, 7pm
- Club Fair - Friday, October 4
- Save the Date! Coffee with Upper School Principal - Thurs., Oct. 17, 8:15 am & 7 pm Beth Johnson is offering two coffees on the Oct. 17 - one in the morning at 8:15 am and one in the evening at 7 pm. Both take place in Room 10 of the Middle School.
- Les Miserables - October 25 & 26, 7pm
- Winter Concert - December 17, 7pm
First PSOC Meeting of the year!- Oct. 7, 7-9 pm in MS Room 10
All parents in all divisions are invited to Join us for the first PSOC meeting of the year on Monday Oct. 7 at 7 pm in MS Room 10. In accordance with our mission (below), we invite all parents who are interested in participating in the dialogue around the issues that face our students of color. Please contact Lisa Solomon, Lavonia Waddington, or Joyce Stovall if you have any questions.
The Parents of Students of Color (PSOC) have come together in the School’s belief that “each human life is uniquely valuable and interrelated one with another.” Our purpose is to foster more open communication within the school community between administration, faculty, staff, parents, and children. We support efforts to develop greater awareness of the needs and values of children of color and the empowering of children of color within the Friends' Central School community as part of a unified whole.
PSOC Cookout Thank You!
Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make Sunday’s PSOC Cookout such a wonderful community event. Special thank you to the PSOC Co-clerks, Lisa Solomon, Lavonia Waddington, and Joyce Stovall who organized the day and womanned the grills.