Welcome FCS parents! This is your "go to" page page for easy access to information that parents find useful. The Home and School Association (HSA) is the School's volunteer parent/guardian organization. The HSA is responsible for maintaining this page. We hope you will make it a "Favorite" or a "Bookmark."
Grade 3 Virtual Parent Gathering - Tuesday, September 29 at 8pm
Save the Date PSOC Fall Meeting - Tuesday, October 6 at 7pm
Save the Date All Parent OneFCS Meeting - Thursday, October 9 at 7pm
Can my family carpool with another family?We ask that families coordinate within pods for carpooling and after-school pick-up. For the safest transportation, mask wearing, windows being kept open, and hand sanitizing should happen during car rides.
Reminder from the School Nurses:
Labeled water bottles and extra well-fitted masks are needed for each student. Also, students should not bring sprays for insect repellent or sunscreen - lotion or wipes only.
Middle School Athletics Kick-off this Week!
- "The Cross Country runners are happy to be back on the track and getting in shape while enjoying the beautiful running weather." -Michelle Crowley and Ryan Tozer
- "The Field Hockey team had a blast this week learning the basic stickwork, shooting on goal and engaging in some friendly competition, doing relay races physically distant." -Lisa and Bobby Mansure
- "The Soccer team is learning the basics and skill development has improved from doing the drills consistently." -Padraig Barry, Jebb Chagan, Rae Esformes-Bloom, Francis Obeng, and Phil Annas
- "Tennis has gotten right back into the swing of things and working on their game, developing their skills, and having fun as a team!" -Howie Serota, Phil Annas, and Patty Zaradic
Add/Drop Period: Students may add courses until Friday, September 25. Students may drop courses without them appearing on their transcripts until Friday, October 16. Class change requests can only be possible if there is space available within the class, and in some cases permission of the relevant teacher may be necessary. Your requested class change will not be made until an email is received from a parent/guardian providing written approval (email Heather Tomes, MS/US School Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important College Counseling Announcements/Dates:
- Juniors are invited to take the PSAT on Saturday, Oct. 17 on campus in the Fannie Cox Center.
- Sophomores are invited to take a free, full length, virtual practice PSAT test at home with online proctors over a secure Zoom link on Saturday, Oct. 17. The optional test starts at 9 am and ends at 12:30 pm. Register here.
- Sophomores and juniors are invited to participate in a free, full-length, virtual practice ACT test on Saturday, Oct. 24. Students will take the optional test over a secure Zoom link at home with online proctors. The test starts at 9 am and ends at 12:30 pm. Register here.
Want to Order a Yearbook?
Buy now and get a 10% discount until Sept. 30 (regular price is $52.50)! To order the yearbook:
Step 1) please use this link: www.treering.com/validate
Step 2) Enter your school’s passcode: 1015314119264587
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Heather Tomes at email@example.com.